The students are among approximately 550 U.S. undergraduate and graduate student scholarship recipients. They will spend seven to 10 weeks in intensive language institutes in one of 13 countries.
The scholarship recipients from Penn are:
- Jamie Fisher, who will study in China.
- Ronan Maye, who will study in China.
- Annelise Myers, who will study in Indonesia.
- Benjamin Filreis, who will study in Tajikistan.
- Laura Fabian, who will study in Russia.
- Ethan LaFrance, who will study in Turkey.
- Miranda Lupion, who will study in Russia.
CLS Program participants are expected to continue their language study and apply their critical language skills in their future professional careers. More information about the CLS Program is available at www.clscholarship.org.