PHILADELPHIA – Teaching awards for the 2009-2010 academic year have been announced by the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine.
The honorees are:
Crino is associate professor of neurology, division chief of the Penn Epilepsy Center and co-director of the Penn Tuberous Sclerosis Clinic. Sachais is assistant professor of pathology and laboratory medicine and director of transfusion services at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania.
• Robert Dunning Dripps Memorial Award for Excellence in Graduate Medical Education – Emma Meagher, associate professor of medicine and pharmacology and director of translational research education programs.
• Blockley-Osler Award -- Kim Smith-Whitley, associate professor of pediatrics, director of the sickle cell center and clinical director of the division of hematology at The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia.
• Dean's Award for Excellence in Basic Science Teaching -- Mary Putt, associate professor of biostatistics.
Kostinsky is clinical assistant professor of psychiatry and an attending psychiatrist on the inpatient psychiatric unit at Pennsylvania Hospital. Ravishankar is assistant professor of pediatrics on the CE track in the division of pediatric cardiology at The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia and medical director of the CHOP Cardiac Care Unit.
• Dean’s Award for Excellence in Medical Student Teaching by an Allied Health Professional -- Joseph DiRienzi, pathologists’ assistant and supervisor of the Medical Pathology Section in the Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine.
• Scott Mackler Award for Excellence in Substance Abuse Teaching --
James W. Cornish, associate professor of psychiatry and interim medical director for the Opioid Treatment Program.
Davies is the Robinette Foundation Professor of Cardiovascular Medicine and professor of pathology and laboratory medicine. Gee is associate professor of radiologic science and computer and information science. Maidment is associate professor of radiology and chief of the physics section.
• Jane M. Glick Graduate Student Teaching Award -- James Kevin Foskett, professor of physiology and program chair of the Cell Biology and Physiology Program in the Cell and Molecular Biology Graduate Group.
• Medical Student Government Basic Science Teaching Award -- James White, adjunct associate professor of cell and developmental biology.
• Medical Student Government Clinical Teaching Award -- Eric Goren, assistant professor of clinical medicine in the Section of Hospital Medicine at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania.
• Leonard Tow Humanism in Medicine Award Presented by the Arnold P. Gold Foundation -- Peter Cronholm, assistant professor in the Department of Family Medicine and Community Health and associate program director of the Family Medicine Residency Program.