WHAT: As part of the University of Pennsylvania’s Arts and the City Year seminar series, the Penn Institute for Urban Research will hold a symposium on the importance of the arts in energizing the social and economic aspects of Philadelphia and the region.
WHO: Experts from Penn and other Philadelphia organizations, including:
• Karen Beckman, professor of film studies.
• David Brownlee, professor of art history.l
• Claudia Gould, director, Institute of Contemporary Art.
• Julie Hawkins, vice president of public policy, Greater Philadelphia Cultural Alliance.
• Jeremy Novak, president and CEO, The Reinvestment Fund.
WHEN: 3 p.m., Tuesday, Oct. 6
WHERE: 8th Floor, Huntsman Hall, 38th and Walnut streets
Presentations will be followed by a reception.
Additional information is available at www.upenn.edu/penniur/.